NEWS ALERT

NEWS UPDATE : Asian Cricket Third Sri Lanka-Pakistan ODI abandoned due to rain COLOMBO: The third One-day International between Sri Lanka and Pakistan was abandoned due to rain here at the R Premadasa Stadium on Wednesday. The umpires made this decision after consulting ... Australia want to master all forms of game: Clarke SYDNEY: Australia's limited-overs tour of England and Ireland represents the start of a two-year campaign to make them the top nation in all three forms of the game, captain Michael Clarke said ... Bopara glad to be back for England SOUTHAMPTON, England: Ravi Bopara is eager to make up for lost times as he tries to revive his ... South Africa name unchanged squad for England series JOHANNESBURG: South Africa have kept faith with a winning formula by naming an unchanged squad for the three-Test series in England starting next month, Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced on ...


Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Samuels sure his 'time to shine' would come if he managed 'inner fire' well

West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels has said he is managing his inner fire well nowadays after facing various controversies in past, and is confident his time to shine would come soon.

Samuels, who has provided hope for West Indies with his world-class batting in two Tests that have again ended in defeat, believes he is using every disappointment of the past to motivate himself these days.

The eccentric all rounder's past has been marred by a two-year ban for passing on information to bookmakers and doubts over the legitimacy of his bowling action.

His critics have also slammed him time and again for not caring enough about his contribution, a record of just two Test centuries in 37 matches stretching back to 2000, reflecting that.

"Over the years I've been plagued with all sorts of issues and problems with people I regard as evil but I always knew that my time to shine would come," The Daily Mail quotes Samuels, as saying.

"I have always had a lot of fire burning inside but I'm managing that fire well at the moment. I'm going out there and transferring that fire on to the field and I'm very happy to be showing what I can do," he added.

"I use every disappointment to build me as a person and not let anybody get me down. I use all of them to motivate me, and I know, that if I can overcome all the obstacles put in front of me, I can get to where I want to go," he said.

Samuels further added: "I see myself going up a hill. It will take time to reach the top, but I am willing to put in the time to get there."